RowMode

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM
When in readonly mode, it would have been great that whole line can be selected, and not only one cell.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM
How did you set it into read-only mode, the read-only setting like the below just prevent the edit operation, it does not change selection behavior.
grid.SetSettings(ReoGridSettings.Readonly, true);
If you want to change the selection behavior, use the following properties of control:
  • SelectionMode
  • SelectionStyle
Jing
Mar 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Yes, I used the
grid.SetSettings(ReoGridSettings.Readonly, true);
to set the ReadOnly mode.

The .SelectionMode property should have a fourth option : ReoGridSelectionMode.Row. With this, the entire row would be always selected, whatever the actual column is.

I use your ReoGrid not only as an "Excel-clone", but also as a "result-grid" to show SQL results and ask the enduser to choose an information.
My other post about "Text on header row" would help me to change the "A, B, C, etc." to "Name, Surname, Department, etc.".
I own the FarPoint Spread 7 for VB6. Yet the .Net upgrade is a bit too expensive for a home-user like me. And I try to have similarities between my old Spread control and yours. Keep on your great work on this great control, and if I can bring some ideas...
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM
The .SelectionMode property should have a fourth option : ReoGridSelectionMode.Row. With this, the entire row would be always selected, whatever the actual column is.
OK, nice idea, Row and Column will be added.
I own the FarPoint Spread 7 for VB6. Yet the .Net upgrade is a bit too expensive for a home-user like me. And I try to have similarities between my old Spread control and yours. Keep on your great work on this great control, and if I can bring some ideas...
Thanks! Hope it helpful! Let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas and problems.

Jing